are you former military?
We’ve Got an offer just for you
At Bemidji Aviation Services
we would like to thank you for your service and offer you the opportunity to join our family. As a former member of the armed forces we respect your commitment to serving others and understand how that sacrifice benefits our proud nation. We would be honored to have you join our team and bring your skills and work ethic into our hangars. Our benefits are generous and our team is more of a family than most anywhere else in the industry.
we’re always looking for talented A&P Mechanics. If you’re interested in joining the family, reach out to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
FAA Certified A&P Mechanic - Bemidji, MN
FAA Certificated A&P Mechanic
Lead Mechanic and Director of Maintenance
We offer a competitive wage based on experience
and additional certificates/licensures
A&P Mechanics maintain our fleet of: Fairchild Metroliners, Beech Queenairs, and Beech 99s
• Inspect, test, repair, maintain, troubleshoot, and service aircraft for approval to return to service.
• Perform alterations of airframes, powerplants, systems, and components, following approved technical data and industry standard techniques.
• Perform overhaul of powerplants and various components such as magnetos and landing gear.
• Perform operational and run-up checks after maintenance is performed to ensure proper operation.
• Adjust, align, and calibrate aircraft systems, using calibrated tools, gauges, and test equipment.
• Make logbook entries and fill out required paperwork to document performed work.
• Read, research and interpret aircraft technical data using a computer or paper manual.
• Maintain work area, tools and vehicles in clean and safe condition
• Ensure that safety, regulatory and company requirements are met.
A&P Mechanic Job Qualifications
• FAA airframe and powerplant certificate(s) or adequate experience to be able to test for certificate(s)
• Must be able to read and write English and be able to comprehend and apply information contained in technical manuals.
• Must be able to document maintenance performed on required forms
• Must have knowledge of industry standard techniques, principles, tools and instruments involved in general aviation aircraft maintenance and alteration.
• Must know how to use approved technical data such as wiring diagrams, drawings, maintenance manuals, etc. to perform maintenance and alterations on general aviation aircraft in accordance with approved data.
• Must own their own set of tools. Minimum tool list will be provided upon request.
• Must pass a pre-employment DOT Drug testing
• Must be able to pass a security background check
• Be authorized to work in the USA
• Must have a valid driver’s license
Desired Education and Experience
Fairchild Metroliner, Beech 1900, 99, King/Queen Air, or similar type aircraft.
Indoor shop environment subject to frequent interruptions such as hangar doors opening and closing for moving aircraft. Occasional working outside to do line maintenance will be required, changing priorities from time to time.
Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a variety of industry standard equipment. Reaching overhead, crouching, kneeling, bending, standing, climbing, and walking will be required. Clarity of vision at varying distances. Verbal, auditory, and written capabilities to effectively communicate in an articulate manner. Must meet the physical requirements which qualify a person to perform essential job functions including the ability to lift at least 70 pounds. All above items with or without accommodation.
To apply, email email@example.com
Besides working on some of the most pristine remote natural areas, we offer other tangible benefits too. We are an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) Company, which means you are allocated stock and are a “co-owner” with all of your fellow employees. This is something you’ll rarely find with other aviation companies.
We offer a company paid High Deductible HSA Health Insurance Program as well as additional options such as AFLAC and Delta Dental at the employee’s expense. We also offer family medical leave to full time employees after their first twelve (12) months of employment. We also offer life insurance to full time employees.
We have PTO up to 20 days/yr (after 10 years) and 6 paid holidays. But again, we believe in family and the importance of family at Bemidji – so we say without hesitation, you will never miss an important family obligation because of your work schedule.
We have 401K available with up to a 4% match.
We are an EEO Employer.